In a post last week I spoke about the little things you could do to turn your bathroom into your own personal spa retreat. Of course, most of the pampering is going to come from the products you use, while the decor just creates a relaxing environment. The following products overlap (bath salts and bath oil, body cream and body oil) but having all of these options can allow you to tailor your own experience. I included my own suggestions for each category, but you may already have a favorite to use. The theme, though it was not planned, turned out to be detoxifying and stress.
- Body Scrub - Marula Detoxifying Salt and Sugar Body Scrub eliminates toxins and decreases water retention, all while exfoliating your bod using pure pink Himalayan Crystal Salt and Raw Cane Sugar.
- Hair Treatment/Masque - I've seen plenty of hair treatments/masques that are supposed to repair hair, but I have never seen one that is supposed to thicken, volumize, and soften thin, fine hair. This is what Shea Moisture Yucca and Baobab Anti-Breakage Masque with Biotin and Bamboo Extract promises to do. Considering my hair situation, I immediately bought it. It has Baobab Oil which contains vitamins A, C, D, E, and F that fortify and strengthen hair, Yucca which thickens hair and prevents hair loss (thankfully not a problem for me), and Biotin, which we all know to take for hair, skin, and nails. It also has no parabens, no pthalates, no paraffin, no gluten, no propylene glycol, no mineral oil, no synthetic fragrance, no animal testing, no PABA, no synthetic color, no DEA, no animal ingredients, and no sulfates. Plus, miracle of all miracles, the stuff works. Normally when I use a hair masque I'm resigned to the fact that my hair is going to be super soft and weighed down. With this stuff, yes, my hair is soft, but not too soft that I can't do anything with it, and certainly not weighed down. It gives my hair volume even if I just let my hair air dry and put no products in it. Plus, it's pretty cheap. I'm going to have to buy the rest of the line and see if it's just as good! Also, there are other masques by them for damaged hair, curly hair, dry, itchy scalps, etc., so go out and find one the perfect one for you!
- Body Cream - Simply lovely, Sai-Sei Mineral Deep Moisture Body Cream is super hydrating, smells fresh, and absorbs easily.
- Soap - A pretty soap in your shower or by your sink is mainly just for looks, but isn't it always the little things that make you feel extra luxurious?
- Bath Salts - White Gold Detoxifying Crystal Salts are a Space NK bestseller and it isn't surprising why. These little guys rid the body of toxins from pollution, alcohol, and processed foods. Definitely something that should be on the menu at a spa.
- Body Wash/Shower Gel : Getting clean doesn't mean all extravagance goes out the window. REN Moroccan Rose Otto Body Wash includes one of the most expensive and revered essential oils, which relieves stress, much like it's friend that I mention below. This one is for washing and the other is for soaking, so both are totally necessary. Right? Right.
- Bath Oil - Not to be confused with body oil, bath oil is similar to bath salts in that you soak in them while taking a bath. I have included both on this list because there is no skimping when it comes to spas. I couldn't decide between two bath oils. One is REN Moroccan Rose Bath Oil which relieves stress, while the other, Elemental Herbology Detox Bath Oil continues the detoxifying trend by reducing fluid retention, increasing circulation, and getting rid of toxins that create cellulite.
- Body Oil - Because sometimes body cream just isn't enough. Take moisturizing to the next level and apply Tammy Fender Bulgarian Lavendar Body Oil as well, and then wrap yourself in a robe and read a book or take a nap. You'll wake up with amazingly soft, soothed skin and feeling rejuvenated and calm. The easy to use pump is also a major plus.
You're probably wondering why I didn't include a face masque or scrub, but those are two things I'm sure you're already using (or at least you should be). Now whether you designate one day a week to use these products or incorporate them into your daily routine, you'll notice how a few spa elements helps your overall well being and how you think of your bathroom.